Saturday, August 20, 2011

Summer Art Projects


We really wish we had created this one! It's on our to do list. We saw it at the Library, and Savannah decided that this will be an upcoming project. (Maybe NEXT summer!)

Here are some of the arts and crafts that we have done this summer:

Beads, necklaces, and bracelets have been a big hit.
This kept Savannah and Ellie busy for hours.

They watched "Annie" one morning as they worked on their jewelry.
Bean Art: We drew pictures on the cardboard and then glued on the different colored beans.
This is Owen's interpretation of a bean man.

Here's Savannah's bean man.

Savannah's flower
Good old drawing with a pencil: (Owen doesn't think this is very much fun, but Savannah loves it, here are her 'Veggie Tale' drawings)...




Rock Art:
Owen's "crocodile rocks"
 This is one of my very favorite of all of Savannah's art work. All on her own, she made a "rock band." The character on the left is playing the guitar, the one in the middle is playing the drums, and the one on the right is playing the piano. She's pretty clever!

A rainbow rock and some kind of animal rock.

This is a "rock-er"
We really had fun painting rocks, I think we'll be doing lots more of this in the next few summers.

Sculptures from our recyclables:
The kids chose where they wanted the various boxes to do and then I used the glue gun.

Another favorite... bottle cap art, magnets, and jewelry:

I ordered some bottle caps on line, and then cut out circles with my 1" cutter, got lots of little things to glue, and the kids went at it. Savannah made bottle cap magnets for gifts. Who doesn't need more magnets?! That 'killed two birds with one stone'... I really don't like that expression, but you know what I mean :)
I loved doing arts and crafts projects as a child during the summers. Grandma Adams kept us busy with such fun projects like these at her house during the summers. I'm going to have to jog my memory and do some of those same projects. I love carrying my fun memories to my children.

No comments:

Post a Comment