Anyway, Savannah was so excited to go to first grade. She has a darling, fun, vivacious teacher. Her name is Sarah Sweeney. Savannah told me that Ms. Sweeney is getting married in a few days and that her name will change. She said,"her name won't be Sarah any more, she said she would tell us what it is when she gets married." That was something to smile about :)
The afternoon before school started we had our annual "Back to School Feast." Last year we went all out, but this year Michael had to work and go to school the entire day besides lunch time, therefore, there wasn't as much time to make or enjoy such a feast. Thankfully, we still had a good time.
![]() |
| Here's the "feast" |
Savannah wanted potato boats... her favorite food. We also had chicken, vegetables, and I made the Pillsbury Million Dollar recipe of the year for dessert. (I didn't make it quite right, but oh well).
Michael gave Savannah and Owen priesthood blessings after we ate to start the new year out right. That is the most important part of our tradition- which always turns out well.
Right before we started getting our "feast " ready, we had just gone to the Salt Lake Library:
Savannah and Owen, of course, got in the fountains. Actually, Owen fell in and started crying, then he realized it was fun- then they both soaked themselves. I guess that was a fitting way to end summer vacation.
On the way home, Owen suddenly spit and told me he ate something yucky. Well, that makes a mom panic. I started asking questions and found out that Savannah had found a small, round, white thing in the back of the van and gave it to Owen to eat. Luckily he spit most of it out because of the "yucky" taste, but I was still worried. I called poison control, and they suggested taking him to the emergency room since I didn't know what the pill was. Ahhhh! The emergency room takes forever, and costs so much- and of course, if he needed it, I would take him immediately. I panicked a bit, called Michael, got him out of class (he was actually grateful for that). I had a gut feeling it was Tylenol. When Michael got home, we took a tylenol from our cupboard, and tasted the remnants that Owen spit out- (when it's YOUR child it isn't gross for some reason)- we realized that it was the same. Thank goodness.
There's nothing like something that could be a big emergency in the middle of a really busy day.
All went well,we finished the day, and woke up for the first day of school:
![]() |
| Getting ready... |
![]() |
| These are the shoes she just HAD to HAVE!!! I think they look like sparkly clown shoes or even bowling shoes, but she LOVES LOVES them- so, I'll let her feel cute in those twinkletoes :) |
MORE to come later about the shoes... and back to the first day of school...
![]() |
| Savannah in front of Uintah on her first day. |
![]() |
| Her very first locker |
![]() |
| Her desk |
School is not complete without an after school snack:
![]() |
| We made "watermelon pie." |
The first day was a success!! I breathed a sigh of relief!
Two girls definitely miss their big sister:


















No comments:
Post a Comment