Sunday, August 21, 2011
Gilgal Garden
A hidden treasure in Salt Lake is a place called Gilgal Garden. It is located near the 10th ward. When I would walk to Bryant Jr. High, a long time ago, I knew that there was something hidden in that area and was always so curious. As I was researching things to do in Salt Lake, I found that this garden is a magnificent sculpture garden. It was sculpted by a man who was the bishop of the 10th ward for many years, but after this man died, the garden eventually became neglected and over grown. Then, in 2002, in preparation for the Olympics, the Garden was beautified again. It is still not very well known, but really amazing. It depicts many things in the scriptures. I want to go back just with Michael so that we can really learn about the sculptures. Here are some of them:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment