Thursday, July 14, 2011

Red Butte Arboretum

I think I found my very favorite place in Salt Lake City, besides the sacred places that are here. The Red Butte Arboretum is gorgeous, peaceful, fun, appeals to people of all ages, and is really a perfect place to go. I wish I had bought passes here instead of the zoo. It would be so nice to just go and look and the beautiful surroundings, or take the kids to a beautiful and educational place to play. I ADORE this place.

Everyone doing cartwheels in the Wedding arena :) Savannah was the best-- somehow I didn't catch her in the middle of a cartwheel.
A spider web over this bridge was very interesting to the kids.

We found a moose sitting by a river. Owen said that he thought the moose melted, and now he was like this.


There were fish and baby ducks in this little pond. Owen did NOT want to leave. He just thought staring at that bright orange fish was the most exciting thing. He just wished he had his net to catch it. I'm sure they would appreciate that :)

This is a wooden fish. Owen and Boston thought that it would be fun to stand so the fish could eat them.

Silly face time!

I really really really want a swing like this!
The kids area was seriously one of the funnest, most creative, beautiful places I've ever been. I LOVE it. I want to replicate it in our yard. I would move into the Red Butte Arboretum just for this. I'm serious.
These snakes squirted water out of their mouths. So fun.
 I think there was an Alice in Wonderland theme here. At least that's how I felt.
Here's another fountain.

Here is a flower birthday cake.

There were these fun little tunnels all over with vines over them.
 Lots of little hide outs:






The babies (including Ezra) got out of their strollers, and really enjoyed it- except they started eating the wood chips. Darn it.

I really tried to get a good picture of them, but Jane could not keep the dirt and rocks out of her mouth!!


Owen broke the rules and climbed the rocks, but I had to snap a picture before I made him get down.



We stopped at Sunnyside Park on the way home to eat lunch. These two are waiting for the picnic.
I realized that I didn't take pictures of all the beautiful flowers. This is a beautiful place. I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment