Thursday, July 14, 2011

Tracy Aviary

One more great thing about Liberty Park, besides seeing ducks with their babies is...

We just saw this duck with her babies by the pond :)
                        TRACY AVIARY!!!


I remember going to the Tracy Aviary often as a child, and unfortunately I kind of thought it was boring :( But, I've learned a little more about birds, and my kids have enjoyed watching the robin in our back yard. I now think birds are seriously amazing creatures. When I learn about them, and different colors or traits they have which correspond to the environment they are in, I am really in awe. The hand of the Creator is so apparent in the creation of birds. 

Now, the Tracy Aviary is one of the greatest places to visit. I LOVED it. We were there for three hours, and Owen even threw a fit about coming home. It was that cool. We'll definitely be back.




Savannah wanted a peacock feather SO bad!

This beautiful swan hissed at them!
We loved the bird show!!

Even Abby and Jane payed attention!
 This toucan jumped from arm to arm across the front row. Owen was mad because the toucan wouldn't land on his arm, even though he was in the front row. The lady said that he wasn't used to little arms like that. Owen was NOT pleased. It was AWESOME though!

Here, the toucan is on Savannah's arm.

Jane downed the crackers during the show. There were a few parrots, so I was afraid that they might come and land on our stroller or something to get the crackers. I just thought of the "polly wanna cracker" statement that seems to go along with parrots- but we were safe, and really enjoyed it!
Savannah got some pigeons to follow her by putting down a trail of food.

She led the pigeons in front of Abby and Jane so they could see the birds. What a nice sister!

Feeding the ducks from Argentina!
There is an owl forest exhibit there now. This is the Owl house.

This was Savannah and Owen's favorite part. They called it the monster chains. It led to a shaded area with water birds, and we walked on a bridge.
I was so impressed with the aviary. I may put more pictures on later that I didn't transfer from my camera. I am realizing that I missed a lot of cool things.  We went to an egg crusher show. We found that a regular egg doesn't smash, when padded, until 48 pounds are on it!!! We saw the egg crusher. The kids have been talking about that. I just realized, maybe that's why they've been more eager to eat eggs the last few days?!  Anyway, I give the Aviary a 10. It was great.

How could we pass up this picture?


A few more pictures that show the greatness of Liberty Park:

Some of the rides at Liberty Park are over 100 years old, like the ferris wheel, was built in 1908. These airplanes were built in the 40's. Everything is still the same, except the motor and other safety features. That makes these rides even more charming. They all cost $1.50 per ride. Not bad. 



Owen had to touch the "crocodile pond" or so he assumed that's what this is:)

Savannah does NOT think it is a crocodile pond, obviously.

Sand volley ball courts, also available at Liberty Park. Another great feature. I promise that Liberty Park is not paying me to say these things.

Another happy view of Liberty Park. LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment