Through a series of events and mix ups, we ended up having no extended family Thanksgiving dinner celebrations this year. At first I was disappointed- I just really love celebrating holidays, but we decided to make it different and fun. We went to the zoo...
and out came the cute little baby elephant!!! (Well, I guess "little" is relative :))
He just ripped open those pumpkins...
Then the mommy and daddy elephant got a chance.
They would take the pumpkins in their trunks and pop them. Then they'd swallow those pumpkins whole.
Watching elephants eat pumpkins is quite entertaining. I wouldn't mind watching again next year.
We saw some turkeys waddling around. The kids wanted to take pictures with the lucky turkeys that wouldn't be eaten that day.
Surprisingly, Thanksgiving is a GREAT day to spend at the zoo! This year the weather was nice, there were very few people, and a lot of animals were out! Of course, the kids love the playground as much as they love the animals...
We even went on the totally, completely exciting train ride (well, for Abby and Jane at least!)
Owen really likes this spider, but NOT any others!!
Abby and Jane are SO into ducks...
Savannah is a champion monkey bar girl (I could never make it all the way across at her age- don't they say all mothers should produce superior daughters? Well here's the proof!!)
This is my favorite picture of the day (minus my husband's shirt!!):
After the zoo, we went to Golden Corall and ate the absolute BEST turkey I've ever consumed in my entire life. I am not kidding. It was AMAZING. The rolls and mashed potatoes also ranked above and beyond my expectations. The best part was that I did not have to do ANY cooking or cleaning. It made for a VERY nice holiday. I would DEFINITELY do it this way again!!!
And Owen marches home- also very content with the day!!


























No comments:
Post a Comment