The Fall day = Raking Leaves....
![]() |
| This is really what raking leaves is all about!! |
![]() |
| Jane's checking out these dry crackling things |
![]() |
| Abby is enjoying her icecream-less ice cream cone :) |
![]() |
| Abby thinks the leaves are quite comfy. |
Of course I have to let them wear these pumpkin hats any chance they get. I love pumpkin girls! Especially these two pumpkins!!!
![]() |
| So cute from behind! |
The winter day = building a snowman (of course!)
Savannah and Owen actually built this snow man all by themselves- the carrot nose and all :)
Here's a sneak peak at the next hat for the munchkin girls.... since they don't have hair yet....
In the middle of these changing seasons, we had round 2 of strep at our house. Luckily Savannah, Owen, and Michael were spared, but Abby, Jane and I had it bad. I felt like the fiery darts from the underworld were at war in my throat!!! It was absolutely miserable!!! I guess it gave me a little empathy for the kids- because, oh, I was a mess. Abby and Jane only wanted to eat popsicles, but they get so messy. Since I was really trying to cut down on house work (including washing clothes) I would put them in the bath tub with popsicles. It worked like a charm! They thoroughly enjoyed their popsicles, and I didn't have loads of extra laundry.
When the strep was over, it was time to focus on Thanksgiving festivity.
![]() |
| Two cute turkeys :) |
One of the best parts of being a mother is learning from my children. They never realize they are teaching me, but they constantly help me understand life a little better.
Savannah and Owen have been performing shows for us. They make up songs and dances and perform to their hearts' content. At times, it can go on and on and on and on...., and other times I try not to laugh at the boy band moves that Owen shows off. Sometimes I get a little emotional at how cute they are. One song in particular that they made up has a "chorus" that says: "Life is good, life is great, life is like a bowl of cake!" As they sing those words and dance, I can not help but smile and feel happiness. What a great thing to re-learn from children. I can get so intense or stressed out at times. Kids forgive so easily, laugh so quickly, and really enjoy life. What a great reminder not to "sweat the small stuff". The author Richard Carlson said, "So many people spend so much of their energy "sweating the small stuff" that they completely lose touch with the magic and beauty of life." Kids see magic and beauty in life... to them it's a bowl of cake.
Here are some of the "bowl of cake" moments around our house:
![]() | |
| Jane just loves walking around with bags, purses and baby dolls. They just make her feel content. |
Abby loves climbing in drawers to play, read books, or use them as a way to climb up to a higher surface.
![]() |
| These little monkey love to jump on the bed... they are sitting on Owen's bed. |
![]() |
| Jane is dressed up to help in a "show". |
![]() |
| A cute face like this, and a pink tutu is even better than a "bowl of cake!" |
While I easily complain about snow and cold, my children turn it into a "bowl of cake"... or a real snowman.
Seasons, bowls of cake, and a snow man = great lessons from my children. I love being a mom. That's what makes life great for me :)

















t 










No comments:
Post a Comment