In fact, he's not just a good sport, he really is the greatest person ever. He is not afraid to cook or change diapers or vacuum the floor or do little things that help me so much. He is the absolute best dad in the entire universe- really. He loves me, and always makes me feel it. I'm so thankful that I married him. A big bonus is that he is obviously extremely good looking.
Anyway, I took Savannah and Owen shopping at the dollar store & Walmart, and let them choose what they wanted to give daddy. Owen chose some rocket balloons. Savannah chose a "finger bowling set." Savannah also chose a cookie monster shirt that would be from Abby and Jane. Seconds after we got home, Owen had told Michael just what he was going to give him. Savannah had given Michael clues that pretty much exactly described what she was giving him. Note to self-- I will never expect my children to keep a secret!!
![]() | |||
| Owen is so happy that he has a shirt just like his daddy! |
Michael took his Microbiology final on the morning of his birthday (he did very well- I am very proud of him). Savannah and Owen could not contain their excitement to hang streamers, balloons, and hide to wait for daddy to come home. When he got home, he opened his exciting, surprising presents :) and played with the kids.
When Savannah went to school, he and I went on our first date since my birthday (March 27th). My sweet friend Tiffany watched the babies, grandpa Boyer watched Owen, and we went to Springville's great La Casita. It was so nice to have an hour to ourselves.
![]() |
| Abby and Jane enjoying a moment with daddy |
![]() |
| Savannah's birthday card- i loev it :) |
I have been waiting for a special occasion to make this cake. It was one of those recipes I knew would be seriously delicious.
I call it WICKEDLY GOOD CHOCOLATE CAKE.
Just in case I lose the recipe, here it is.
FIRST
1 devil's food cake mix
1 5.9 oz. package instant chocolate pudding mix
1 Cup Sour Cream
1 Cup Vegetable Oil
4 eggs, beaten
1/2 Cup water
1.5 cups semisweet chocolate chips
Grease 2 -8 inch round pans
Mix all ingredients except chocolate chips
Add chocolate chips after other ingredients are mixed
Bake at 350 for 50-55 minutes.
Cool for atleast 1 hour.
SECOND
Make Chocolate Buttercream
1 Cup Shortening
3-4 T. Milk
1/2 tsp. clear vanilla extract
1 lb. powdered sugar
1/4 - 1/2 C. cocoa
mix until smooth. Spread between layers of cake.
** you can also buy wilton decorator icing and add cocoa instead of making this**
THIRD
Make Ganache
2Tb corn syrup
6 oz. heavy cream
12 oz. dark chocolate, chopped
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
On top of double boiler combine corn syrup, chocolate and heavy cream.
Remove, and add vanilla. Let cool for a few minutes.
FOURTH
Pour ganache over top and let it drip down the sides.
Spread with spatula over the uncovered parts.
FIFTH
Pipe buttercream stars on the rim of top.
SIXTH
Sprinkle over the top with sliced almonds.
YUM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, HONEY.
I LOVE YOU!
MAYBE in 2 years we could go to France or Italy or somewhere really romantic and fun for your birthday... okay so that may be in 20 years. In the mean time, fun and romance are pretty great even in Springville- as long as I'm with you. XOXOXO





No comments:
Post a Comment