Sunday, September 5, 2010

MOVE OVER ACE OF CAKES....





It's Michael Boyer!!!!
With his wedding cake creation...
Michael pretty much made this whole cake. I do give him the credit... pretty impressive guy, eh?! Yep. I married a man of many talents. 
Neither he or I knew he could whip up something like this!!!
Yes, I did help. And, I did tell him what to do every step of the way. 
(I have to give myself a little credit- I'm not humble enough yet to let him take it all!)
I just had a baby or two in my arms most of the time.

It's amazing what a man can do when he has to. We had volunteered to make a cake for our friend's wedding. They had a budget of about $600 for the entire celebration, and we couldn't stand the thought of them not having a cake- or blowing half their budget on a cake. We told them that it wouldn't be professional, but we would make them a cake. 

A few more views of my talented husband's handiwork....

 

Apparently, the bride and groom were very happy with it.
Not bad... especially for Michael's first cake ever, and my first wedding cake... Although I mostly gave directions and he followed.
What a great man!


 
P.S. Another of Michael's talents...
dying hair!!!!!

Savannah's pink hair!
and Owen's orange!

Yes, yes, yes... he's got all kinds of hidden talents.
Who knows what else he can do?
I know that I'm a lucky lady!!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment