I am not referring here to romantic love.
I AM referring to these little siblings:
Today we read in our scriptures about Joseph being sold into Egypt, and tried to make the story applicable to our 5 year old and 3 year old.
Michael asked Owen if he would ever sell Savannah. He thought a minute, and then said no, he would not.
Then we asked Savannah if someone offered her ten dollars, would she ever sell Owen?
(we were so sure she would answer "no"). She thought about it, scrunched her mouth, wrinkled her brow, and then said that yes, she just might!!!
Michael asked Owen if he would ever sell Savannah. He thought a minute, and then said no, he would not.
Then we asked Savannah if someone offered her ten dollars, would she ever sell Owen?
(we were so sure she would answer "no"). She thought about it, scrunched her mouth, wrinkled her brow, and then said that yes, she just might!!!
Owen looked at her and said, "but I would be sad."
She shrugged her shoulders as if to say, "Oh, well."
Then we asked her if she would ever sell Abby or Jane. She said "no way."
Looks like tomorrow we had better read the scripture that says, "Love one another," because truly, every day they love each other for a few minutes, and then they love each other not.
Deep down inside I'm pretty sure it's love... good thing we don't have a favorite child or a rainbow colored coat.

No comments:
Post a Comment