Sunday, August 19, 2012

Terrible Twos??!!?!

These adorable little rascals have hit the terrible twos in a different way than Savannah and Owen ever did. 

Yesterday I went in their room to 'wake them up' from their nap. I walked in and the room was a huge torn apart mess, and I couldn't see Abby and Jane.  I walked further in the room and found them in the closet sitting like this:

Jane has been sleeping in a pack and play which looked like this:





And their room which had been clean at the beginning of nap time looked like this:

Abby is so proud of her 'work of art'  :)

They both learned to jump out of their cribs. I am in a serious dilemma!!!!!!!!!!

 Right after that, Abby pulled another stunt.  See that cheerleader dress she's wearing? She pulled off her diaper, but that cheerleader dress covers it up- so I didn't know.  We were in the kitchen and suddenly she said, "mommy I pooped."  I look, and there was a big pile of poop and pee on the floor. I picked her up and saw that bare little bum. What a stinker (literally!).


Several days ago during nap time, I heard knocking on their bedroom door. I went in their room and it looked very similar to the above picture. Jane was sitting in her bed, and Abby was the one knocking on the door.  The room smelled horrible... someone had definitely pooped, so I picked Jane up and checked her diaper. She was not the one who stunk. I picked Abby up, and she'd pulled off her diaper. But, there were "tracks" across that little bum.eeew!

Since there were about 100 diapers strewn across the room and in the beds, I started checking them all to find the poopy one. It turns out that after she'd removed her poopy diaper she threw it in Jane's bed, and then found every diaper and wipe in the room and scattered them everywhere. Needless to say, what a mess!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Abby can be so naughty, but she's so funny and cute that it's impossible to be mad at her.  The day after this incident was Sunday.  In church we sat next to a 20ish age man with a beard. Abby turned to me and said, "mommy, it's Jesus."  I told the man, and it made his day.

I guess terrible TWOs can be looked at in TWO ways at our house.
Using the pantry as a hideout









Good thing they're cute (for their sakes!!)



They usually fight over who gets to wear what, but the lady bug and frog brought satisfaction and contentment :)

No comments:

Post a Comment