![]() |
| Owen is so intrigued by insects, especially boxelder bugs. He calls them "little fellas". He gets out his magnifying glass and looks at them. |
![]() | ||||||
| In Owen's language, these are called "Tomato bugs." These are high on the list of Owen's favorite things. |
![]() |
| Jane fell in love with swings at Bella's birthday party! |
![]() | ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
| Abby liked it, but not as sure as Jane. |
We couldn't resist getting them their very own to hang on the front porch. Now the front porch is high on the list of their favorite things.
PURE JOY!
Another Joy:
![]() |
| Savannah and Owen posing on Easter Sunday. |
![]() |
| It doesn't get cuter that a little boy in a suit- especially one with those eyes! |
![]() |
| Michael and I went to town making this "CARS" cake. |
![]() |
| The smiling, happy birthday boy. This is his heaven. |
The funny thing about Owen is that people think he is so shy and quiet. His church teachers tell me how good he is in class. Well, here's the side of Owen that we see at home:
SOOO excited to start T-ball
![]() |
| Little boys playing t-ball, was one of my favorite things to watch. I couldn't get enough pictures!! |
![]() |
| Owen really did obey his teachers so well. I wish he would do that at home. |
Here's what the "big boy" is really like....
![]() |
| He colors his face when he doesn't want to go to sleep- then wakes up looking (and acting) like a martian- in my bed! |
![]() |
| He really is a "nut head" according to his daddy. |
![]() | |
| No matter how cranky, silly, or sweet he is being, those eyes really have influence. Grown up ladies ALWAYS mention those big brown eyes. |
![]() | |
| Happy 4th birthday Owen. I LOVE you!!! |
NOW... Savannah's turn. Savannah is at such a fun age. She is starting to read and write, and she is so amazingly creative. I just wonder what her full potential is... I believe that the Lord gave her much when in comes to talent and brains.
One day, while I was feeding Abby and Jane, I had to go to the bathroom. I asked Savannah to watch them for me for just a second. I was not gone even 2 1/2 minutes. When I came back, this is what I found:
![]() |
| "I am sorry that I couldn't watch them." (She's still learning about punctuation). I giggled-- at least she didn't just all together abandon the responsibility :) |
Savannah has become so interested in bake sales. She came up with her own, all by herself. This is it...
![]() |
| She did this ALL by herself. I love this sign. I want it on record forever. |
Here are the recipes she came up with all by herself!!! I was quite impressed!
We'll see- maybe she'll be an artist, a baker, an entrepreneur. I think she could do anything, so I hope she gets all the education she can. I hope that she wants to be a mom the most though.
One of my VERY VERY VERY favorite moments as a mom happened the other day with Savannah.
She was SOOOOOOOOOOO excited. We set out the clothes that she was going to wear the night before, and got the other odds and ends ready. She went to bed, and just couldn't wait. She just couldn't believe that she finally got to ride a REAL school bus!! Right before I went to bed, she got up to go to the bathroom. She said, "mommy I just can't sleep I'm so excited!" :) Then she saw herself in the mirror, and said, "mom, look how pretty my hair looks! It's all curly. Maybe it will be like this tomorrow!"
I love that a six year old thinks bed head is pretty, and can't sleep because riding on a yellow school bus and going on a field trip rivals Christmas.
The next morning, I was still asleep, and her feet came pitter-pattering into my room. "I'm ready!!!" I hear. I woke up, and Savannah was dressed from head to toe in the clothes we had set out the night before. Too bad for her sake that we still ha d to wait 3 hours!
I really wished that I could have gone with her. She was happy after, but I think it was kind of like Christmas morning- after the presents are opened. Still fun, but the sparkle of anticipation is gone. I am excited to see what other things bring her excitement and sleeplessness during these young years. It's SOOO fun to watch.
The Next Birthday Cake... for Ross
![]() |
| I think Ross might be slightly disgusted with Jane, but he's being a good sport. How could we not make him a birthday cake? |
![]() |
| If you look close, the snake is saying Rosssssss |
Michael and I made this cake last minute, but we liked the way it turned out, for how quick it was to make. Ross had just gotten a new pet snake, so we thought he might appreciate a cake snake too!!
More of the Tale of These two Baby Girls- who are ALMOST ONE!!!!
They love playing in the dishwasher, the refrigerator, eating every speck of anything off of the floor, and giggling at each other. They are so off the charts cute. Just look...
![]() |
| In the morning, Michael has to work early... So, all the kids end up in bed with me most mornings. This is how Abby and Owen were positioned one morning :) |
![]() |
| Jane |
![]() |
| Abby |
![]() | |||
| Doing their favorite thing!! (I wish it were one of my favorite things!) Jane is in front, Abby in back. |
I really know that I am so blessed to have a wonderful, kind, patient husband; and these beautiful, precious children.
![]() |












































So fun!!! And I LOVE your cakes! I can't believe you decorated them. You'll have to teach me. Did your video ever come out? Because I totally want to see it.
ReplyDelete