I love dolls, always have, always will. I decided that I wanted to make Abby and Jane's first doll. Here are the three little dolls I made for my three little girls for Christmas. I think I was kind of delusional from staying up making these darn dolls, I was too tired to remember to take pictures on Christmas. SAD!!!! I think I would rather have pictures than these dolls, but a mom with twins does crazy things sometimes.
We had a great Christmas. I wish I could remember more of it :( !! We did have a Christmas miracle that we will remember all of our lives.
Michael's decision to go back to school thrilled me. I am so thankful and happy. He was commuting between Springville and Salt Lake every day, and working a lot in Salt Lake. We didn't see him very much, but were very grateful that he was changing direction in his career. It was very needed. We couldn't afford our mortgage, and didn't know what to do. We prayed and fasted so much. I brainstormed solutions like crazy, and I felt like we should see if there was some way we could move to Salt Lake. I asked my dad to look for a people who were going on a mission and needed someone to live in their house- or something like that. We needed a place that was inexpensive, yet could fit six people. Michael thought I was absolutely out of my mind. I knew there was a solution somehow because I felt like the Lord had really led us in this decision. I kind of gave up hope though- it seemed impossible-- but I kept praying. A few days before Christmas, my dad called and said that a man named Randy Baker wanted me to call him. Randy works in the temple and happens to be my good friend Crystal Baker's dad.
I called Randy, and he said that he is the executor of a property. He needs to sell the property, but in the mean time, he would like someone to live there and take care of things. He said that rent would be pretty much just utilities. My heart floated and inflated like never before. I knew that Heavenly Father was so keenly aware of us and our needs, and that he wanted us to succeed. The hand of God directed us, and I know it. He wants us to succeed and He meets our needs. We were doing all in our power, and He gave us the immeasurable grace that we so needed. I will forever and ever be thankful for this miracle. It was a Christmas miracle to me, and it showed me how much the Lord really cares for the details of our lives.
We moved on January 15th, 2011. We rented out our Springville house to a really nice family until Michael finished school. We are in one of the best places in the world. I am truly amazed by the Lord's hand in our lives.
This is our Springville house, which we love:
Some more winter snapshots:
|
No comments:
Post a Comment