Sunday, May 29, 2011

Catch Up Snapshots- Fall

Time has ticked away so incredibly fast!! So much has happened, and the time to document is oh so small for me at this present season of life. Here is a rewind back to fall. I don't want to miss a season of  documenting these cute little faces. I live by the cliche- better late than never!
Back in September, Savannah and Owen helped Michael paint the garage. There is nothing like HELP from a 3 and 5 year old!! A few months later, we were REALLY thankful they painted it because we put our house up for rent, and it looked SO MUCH better after the paint!
Savannah is really great at reading books to Abby and Jane.
Such cute little girls and such a tired mom!                                         

HALLOWEEN TIME!! Owen thinks carving pumpkins is pretty fun!
I always thought farm boys were the cutest ever-- looks like I've kinda got 2 of my own!!
Our cousin, Julie Law, knitted these two pumpkin caps which I absolutely love, love, love. First, I have a thing for pumpkins (It's kind of a long story for another day), second, I really wanted to knit these same hats for these cute little pumpkin girls, but I just didn't have an extra hand to do it. Julie gave an inspired gift.  I actually cut up some old jeans and a t-shirt and made these little jean skirts. I was proud of myself at the time. But I still can't get over the pumpkin hats, I'm going to have to start now and knit some more for next fall!!
This is one of my favorite pictures EVER!!!!!!
The little jack-o-lantern costumes we ordered was a bit too small for Abby, and barely fit Jane. Oh well, next year they'll have a real costume!
Savannah is the best big sister. I think I had more time back then than I do now... now that they sleep less, and move A LOT MORE! I actually made the little skirts and leggings. They had  teeny outfits made out of that striped pink and brown fabric, and I was not ready for them to grow out of the outfits- so, I cut them up and made leggings. Wish I had time do do something like that now!!


Savannah and Owen in their Halloween costumes. I don't know if there will ever be a cuter Halloween picture than this. Savannah finally talked Owen into being her Prince Charming. I talked him into wearing this costume by telling him that he could have a sword with his costume. I saw this on Make it and Love it-- one of my very favorite blogs, and I just had to make it for my charming, darling little boy while he will still wear it. 







Does he not melt your heart??? Look at those eyes!





My beautiful, sweet Princess!





These were Savannah's birthday cupcakes. She had an early birthday party- on Halloween! She helped me make the cupcakes.

Savannah's party
Another view of the cupcakes- I just though they were so fun!



Abby and Jane with Grandpa Boyer


Savannah and Owen LOVE the fallen leaves- at least some does-- not me! Maybe I would if I didn't have to rake them up!!


This is happiness for Owen.  My kids teach me great life lessons... when you're sad, why not lay in a big tub full of BUBBLES!!!!???!!!


This fall, we said good bye to a place that is so dear to my heart. My grandma and grandpa lived in this house in Hyrum, Utah for over 50 years. It has been a haven and a sanctuary for me many, many times in my life. This little plot of land is a bit of heaven, and such a special place in my heart. My grandpa passed away a few years ago and my grandma moved to an assisted living in Salt Lake.  It sounds like a wonderful young family bought the home. I hope they treasure it and keep the spirit of love and peace that came with the house. Over 50 years ago, when Grandma and Grandpa were driving with their young family to move to this house, my mom, who was 2 at the time, said, "Oh boy!! There's Hyrum!!" That's a story that has been told all these years. My mom is now buried in Hyrum- not far from this house. Hyrum is so dear to me.

"The Red room"... I always loved this room. There was a purple room, and a red room. I hope I get to see these rooms again in heaven- they say, "home" to me.

Well, there is our fall- winter snapshot catch up is coming soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment