- We moved to Salt Lake City on January 15th. This is a HUGE miracle for us- some time I'll write about it. I am so grateful, and almost can't believe what an answer to prayer this is.
- LDS.org did a video on me, it was about loss. They say it will be done the end of March.
- Savannah enjoys her new school- Uintah Elementary.
- Abby and Jane are getting up on their hands and knees- about ready to crawl.
- Abby's first tooth popped through today!!
- Owen is 3, and we are so entertained by the things he says. Today he told us that he was going to talk to Heavenly Father in the bathroom so that He could hear him. (one day Owen walked in on me praying in the bathroom because it was the only quiet spot in the house- apparently he thinks that's the place Heavenly Father hears us :).
- I bought Savannah and Owen new shoes today because they so desperately needed them. We're poor right now, so new shoes are quite the luxury, and it was so cute to see them be sooooo excited about new shoes. Owen put his "crocs" which are in the likeness of a crocodile over his footed jammies. He wore them all night and kept saying that his shoes are cool and Savannah's shoes are cute. I love that such a small thing to most people just made them feel so special. That's part of the joy of being poor.
- Michael is doing well in school, and is doing home health. He's able to be home a bit more with the change in jobs, and since we've moved to SLC. I am so grateful for that... I was getting overly tired, and it's nice to have his help more. Owen sits and watches for him out the window. Sometimes Savannah joins them, and they look just like Sally and Conrad from the Cat in the Hat. I'll take a picture sometime.
- The other day, I was just plain tired and a bit burned out. I realized that I hadn't been out of the house for days except to take Savannah to school, and hadn't been alone for I don't know how long. I was pretty grouchy and tired. Later that day, however, I received a phone call telling me that Becca and James' baby Kelci had just passed away. She was 4 months old and has had kidney problems her whole short life. She was such a gorgeous baby, and her little body had been through so so so much. It just hit me, that yes, my life is a bit crazy and chaotic with all these small children, moving, and my husband in school-- but all of those things I am SO grateful for. I was feeling somewhat sorry for myself, and realized that no- I am being showered with blessings, and my heart is just aching for Becca and James. It really put things in perspective for me, and I gave myself and imaginary kick in the behind for being so blind to the blessings that I have so abundantly right now.
Monday, March 7, 2011
Little Things
I've been horrible at keeping up on this blog. I have so much to update... it would take me far too long right now. Sometime I'll add pictures, but for now, I'm too busy!!! I just don't want to lose a few memories- so this is where they will go.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
So sad for Becca and James. I can't even begin to imagine how hard that would be as a parent.
ReplyDeleteI'm excited to see the video from lds.org. You have always been one of my heroes and I think it's good that other people get to see what a great person you are- I never even realized that when I met you, you had VERY recently lost your mom and dad and were probably still grieving. But when you're 18, 16 seems like a long time ago. So silly the perspective. And silly that I just realized it.
Let's get together now that it's getting a little warmer and you're a lot closer!!!